It is April, and the other day I was reading something from Oprah. She said, “Everyday brings tremendous possibility – a chance to live more fully, love more deeply and learn something new.” This newsletter is all about you learning things in small chunks. I could rant and rave about how important your adjustments are, but I choose to let you make your own decisions because when all the dust clears, you’re the only one responsible for your health. You’re older, you know about health, and if you choose not to get adjusted, to optimize your health watch your weight, to help you and your nervous system function, that’s your call. Whatever you do though, get out and enjoy your life because there is a big, beautiful world out there just waiting to be experienced. By the way, as you know, April 1st is April Fools Day.
“SOME COOL FACTS ABOUT…”
…the Month of April
- April is National Pet Month and Bowel Cancer Awareness Month… in the UK,
- In the US however, April is the Awareness Month for Mathematics, Stress and throughout the world it is Jazz Awareness Month.
- “April is the cruelest month…” It’s a time to pay your taxes, and file with the IRS.
- “It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen,” (opening line of George Orwell’s 1984).
- ‘April’ was the 250th most common name for a baby girl in the United Kingdom in 2013. In the US it was 423rd.
- According to a recent analysis, April showers more often than not do not bring May flowers.
- According to the Oxford Dictionary an ‘April gentleman’ once meant ‘a foolish man; specifically a newly-married husband, considered as a fool.’
- “Men are April when they woo, December when they wed.”
- Four US Presidents were born and four died during the month of April.
- No film with ‘April’ in its title, or actress named ‘April’ has won an Oscar — but in 1994 April Ferry was nominated for Best Costume Design for ‘Maverick’.
If every fool wore a crown, we should all be kings. ~Welsh Proverb
The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being, but to remind him that he is already degraded. ~George Orwell
Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15. ~Ronald Reagan
>>>JOKE of the MONTH<<<
A taxpayer received a strongly worded “second notice” that his taxes were overdue. Hastening to the collector’s office, he paid his bill, saying apologetically that he had overlooked the first notice. “Oh,” confided the collector with a smile, “we don’t send out first notices. We have found that the second notices are more effective.
What is a lesion in your spine?
Everyday I’m in the office, someone comes in and tells me about a pain somewhere in their neck, back, shoulder, etc. We get results with these people, but most have lesions in their spine. If you’re reading this, most likely you’ve had lesions or do have lesions as well in your spine.
So what is a disc lesion in your spine? Great question and I think one that you’ll want to understand.
Put simply, a lesion is the name given to an abnormal change which occurs to any tissue or organ, caused by a disease or injury. The abnormal growths of tissue can occur from some form of trauma, including an accident, spinal cord injury, or serious infections, such as syphilis or HIV. So here’s why I’m telling you about lesions today. If you have an accident, or injury, call this office as soon as possible. We’ll do a thorough examination and let you know if your body may suffer from a lesion in the future. If you feel okay, that’s great. Thing is that doesn’t mean anything when it comes to you developing a lesion. If you’ve suffered from any kind of fall, accident or car accident in the last six months, call the office today and schedule for a check up. It’ll be worth it.
***Amazing FACTS About Your Body***
=With the 60,000 miles of blood vessels inside the average human body, you could circumnavigate Earth two and a half times.
=The human eye is so sensitive that if the Earth were flat, you could spot a candle flickering at night from up to 30 miles away.
=Nerve impulses travel to and from the brain at speeds of up to 250 miles per hour, faster than a Formula 1 racecar.
= When you blush, the lining of your stomach blushes too.
=The human brain can read up to 1,000 words per minute.
=Inside your belly button are thousands of bacteria that form an ecosystem the size of an entire rainforest.
=When in love, the human brain releases the same cocktail of neurotransmitters and hormones that are released by amphetamines. This leads to increased heart rate, loss of appetite and sleep, and intense feelings of excitement.
=You can see ultraviolet light, the ability is just filtered out by the eye’s lens. Some people have undergone surgery to remove the lense and can detect ultraviolet light.
=An adult is made up of 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms. For perspective, there’s a ‘measly’ 300,000,000,000 (300 billion) stars in our galaxy.
- The first Easter baskets were made to look like bird’s nests.
- The traditional act of painting eggs is called Pysanka.
- The custom of giving eggs at Easter time has been traced back to Egyptians, Persians, Gauls, Greeks and Romans, to whom the egg was a symbol of life.
- In medieval times a festival of egg-throwing was held in church, during which the priest would throw a hard-boiled egg to one of the choir boys. It was then tossed from one choir boy to the next and whoever held the egg when the clock struck 12 was the winner and retained the egg.
- Easter is now celebrated (in the words of the Book of Common Prayer) on the first Sunday after the full moon which happens on or after March 21, the Spring Equinox.
- Easter Bonnets are a throwback to the days when the people denied themselves the pleasure of wearing fine angels for the duration of Lent.
- Some Churches still keep up the old tradition of using evergreens – symbolic of eternal life – embroidered in red on white, or woven in straw, but most now prefer displays of flowers in the spring colors of green, yellow and white.
- Americans celebrate Easter with a large Easter egg hunt on the White House Lawn. (I think)
- 76% of people eat the ears on chocolate bunnies first.
- Americans consume over 16 million jellybeans on Easter, enough to circle the globe three times over.
“It’s Tax Time”
(Some of your favorite comics’ views..)
“It’s fitting that April 14 is National Pecan Day because today, we recognize nuts. And tomorrow, on April 15, we pay our taxes to support them.” -Craig Ferguson
I’m not going to pay taxes. When they say I’m going to prison, I’ll say no, prisons cost taxpayers a lot of money. You keep what it would have cost to incarcerate me, and we’ll call it even.” –Jimmy Kimmel
“The IRS says it’s been getting death threats since the health care bill passed because the IRS is going to be the ones in charge of implementing it. They say the threats people are making to the IRS are so bad, that they are actually hindering the IRS’s ability to threaten people.” –Jay Leno
Spring is coming with Summer not far Behind! Trying to Lose Those Extra Pounds and Inches?
Thanksgiving and Christmas are long over and you still have those extra holiday pounds? Worse, Spring is in the air and Summer is fast approaching. Do you feel confident when you think about putting on that bathing suit?
We have the answer to help you lose up to a pound a day and also target your specific problem areas of fat accumulation. Lose it where you want!
- Metabolic Weight Program: Lose up to a pound per day! We have a naturally based program that addresses all the factors necessary to allow your body to shed pounds of real fat quickly and safely. Detoxification, metabolic balance, hormonal balance, as well as a natural approach to food selection. We even give you an easy “step by step” calendar to make the entire process easier. You have to change your habits not just go on a diet.
- Red Light Treatments: The use of specific red light frequencies, stimulate your fat cells to release their fat and allow your body to remove it naturally through the liver, kidneys and lymphatic system. There is no bruising, pain or tissue damage. Results can be seen immediately. You can target specific areas of your body like your belly, back, thighs, upper arms or even your face. You can lose 2 inches or more in a single hour session!
Our Photonica LED Red Light device has been granted two FDA licenses specifically making it the only LED device FDA cleared for immediate fat reduction without the use of surgery, exercise or pills.
Call Today 518-489-2628
Disclaimer: Because this information may not be directly from Dr. Jay L. Rugoff, Jay L Rugoff DC PLLC, or the office of Jay L. Rugoff DC, we cannot be responsible for the content or accuracy of this newsletter and will not be held responsible for any damages (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, special, or punitive damages) suffered or incurred by any person arising out of such person’s use or reliance on this publication or content herein. Any nutritional advice, use of supplements and all content of this publication is for informational purposes only and may not have been evaluated by the FDA. Advice and content, in this publication, cannot be used to treat, diagnose or cure any specific diseases.