I think one of the hardest things for me to do is find something to write in this part of the newsletter. I guess I could talk about Halloween and sugar, and I might do that later in this newsletter but for right now I just want you to know that the real reason I write this is not because it’s easy but it’s the right thing to do. I don’t know how many people, professional business people stay in contact with you, but I do it because I care.
What I’m trying to do with this newsletter is to inform and inspire you on a monthly basis with all things décor, both for living and for being the healthiest person you can.
I have taken the liberty of signing you up for this newsletter because of our previous connection. If you ever want to unsubscribe, just let me know, but I had to tell you the reasons I’m writing you on a monthly basis.
Whether you are planning to improve your life in any way, there will be something in here for you every month. At least that’s my goal by writing you this newsletter. I know its October and that means the kids will be out and about, but you know what? Things are different now than they were when I was trick or treating. We used to get bags of candy, and be able to run from door to door and people were always ready to give something to us. Now it seems like very few kids get out in numbers. I don’t know if you celebrate and contribute, but it’s something that little children love to do, and it’s a part of their growing up. If they do go trick or treating, watch them, be with them and make sure they’re safe. Also make sure they don’t eat too much candy. It’s easy when people are handing it out.
Here’s some of the things you can celebrate in October:
- Adopt a Shelter Dog Month
- Apple Jack Month
- Computer Learning Month
- Cookie Month
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Lupus Awareness Month
- National Diabetes Month
- National Pizza Month
- National Vegetarian Month
- National Popcorn Popping Month
Now if that’s not enough, let me give you some weekly things you can do that probably won’t cost you and arm and a leg to do, and might make a good impression on someone you know.
- Week 1 Get Organized Week
- Week 2 Customer Service Week
- Week 3 Fire Prevention Week
- Week 4 Pet Peeve Week
OCTOBER THOUGHT PROVOKING QUESTIONS
- What would happen if you never wasted another minute of your life? What would that look like?
- Would you rather have 10 years of SUPER excellent health, or 15 years of average health?
- Is being open-minded a virtue?
- Do you consider yourself the hero or the villain in your life story right now?
- How much control do you really have over yourself and others around you?
- When did you last push the boundaries of your comfort zone?
- What have you given up on in the last five years?
- Who are you really? Deep down, who are you?
Brett: What do mummies like listening to on Halloween?
Brent: I don’t know.
Brett: Wrap music!
My Chiropractic Party:
Effects of Consuming Too Much Sugar
I had to do it. I wasn’t sure if I was going to write anything about sugar but I couldn’t help myself. READ THIS PLEASE:
Dr. Robert Lustig, a professor of Clinical Pediatrics in the Division of Endocrinology in the University of California and a pioneer in decoding sugar metabolism, says that “your body can safely metabolize six teaspoons of added sugar per day.”
That’s six teaspoons ONLY. Don’t ever forget that number. If you drink a can of Coke, you’re over your limit. Check labels and make sure you stay under that six teaspoon limit per day if you want to limit your body’s diseases.
But — since most Americans are consuming over three times that amount, or more, the majority of the excess sugar becomes metabolized into body fat – leading to all the debilitating chronic metabolic diseases many people are struggling with. That’s right, if you eat too much sugar, you’re going to most likely have more disease.
Here are some of the effects that consuming too much sugar has on your health and something you should consider if you’re trying to look good again and not weight so much:
- It overloads and damages your liver.The effects of too much sugar or fructose can be likened to the effects of alcohol. All the fructose you eat gets shuttled to the only organ that has the transporter for it: your liver. This severely taxes and overloads your liver, leading to potential liver damage.
- It tricks your body into gaining weight and affects your insulin and leptin signaling.Fructose fools your metabolism by turning off your body’s appetite-control system. Wow that means you won’t know when you’ve had too much to eat. It fails to stimulate insulin, which in turn fails to suppress ghrelin, or “the hunger hormone,” which then fails to stimulate leptin or “the satiety hormone.” This causes you to eat more and develop insulin resistance
- It causes metabolic dysfunction.Eating too much sugar causes a barrage of symptoms known as classic metabolic syndrome. These include weight gain, abdominal obesity, decreased HDL and increased LDL, elevated blood sugar, elevated triglycerides, and high blood pressure.
- It increases your uric acid levels.High uric acid levels are a risk factor for heart and kidney disease. In fact, the connection between fructose, metabolic syndrome, and your uric acid is now so clear that your uric acid level can now be used as a marker for fructose toxicity.
According to the latest research, the safest range of uric acid is between 3 to 5.5 milligrams per deciliter. If your uric acid level is higher than this, then it’s clear that you are at risk to the negative health impacts of fructose.
Sugar Increases Your Risk of Disease
One of the most severe effects of eating too much sugar is its potential to wreak havoc on your liver, leading to a condition known as non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). This is really bad. You may not think so – but it is.
Yes, the same disease that you can get from excessive alcohol intake can also be caused by excessive sugar (fructose) intake. Dr. Lustig explained the three similarities between alcohol and fructose: 2
- Your liver metabolizes alcohol the same way as sugar, as both serve as substrates for converting dietary carbohydrate into fat. This promotes insulin resistance, fatty liver, and dyslipidemia (abnormal fat levels in your blood)
- Fructose undergoes the “Maillard reaction” with proteins. This causes superoxide free radicals to form, resulting in inflammation – a condition that can be also caused by acetaldehyde, a metabolite of ethanol
- Fructose can directly and indirectly stimulate the brain’s “hedonic pathway,”creating habituation and dependence, the same way that ethanol does. Your best bet. Avoid sugar at all costs. If you can cut out the six teaspoons, then do it. If you want to talk to me more about this, CALL NOW!
Ok so what do you do about it? The holidays are coming, starting with Halloween. You know you buy candy for the kids but you will end up eating the leftovers. Then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Years……and you wonder where those 10-15 pounds came from?
As I tell you every month, you have a solution! We have metabolic weight loss (not diet) programs and Red Light fat loss technology
Breaking News…Breaking News…Breaking News…Breaking News…
UltraSlim Cold Light® is the only non-invasive procedure approved by FDA for immediate fat loss. All other non-surgical fat loss technologies require weeks or months to achieve the results that UltraSlim achieves at one treatment visit.
Older, less effective technologies kill fat cells with “apoptosis” caused by extreme cold (like CoolSculpting®), extreme heat (like SculpSure®), or ultrasound cavitation (like UltraShape®) that take weeks or months to see results.
UltraSlim Cold Light® gets immediate results using the natural bodily function called “lipolysis” to release stored fat energy in only the targeted area, without affecting other fat cells. For example, patients can lose belly fat without losing fat in their breasts.
CALL TODAY TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT 489-2628
Lose inches of fat before the holidays!!
Lose 2, 3, 4 inches or more of pure fat, in about 32 minutes, using this technology. Lose fat inches off those traditionally difficult areas such as your stomach, upper arms, legs, thighs, chin, or smooth out cellulite, etc. We have also upgraded the red light programs with a new Ketone supplement to enhance fat burning and weight loss.
RED LIGHT UPDATE
Solutions available upon request. Enjoy!!
Disclaimer: Because this information may not be directly from Dr. Jay L. Rugoff, Jay L Rugoff DC PLLC, or the office of Jay L. Rugoff DC, we cannot be responsible for the content or accuracy of this newsletter and will not be held responsible for any damages (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, special, or punitive damages) suffered or incurred by any person arising out of such person’s use or reliance on this publication or content herein. Any nutritional advice, use of supplements and all content of this publication is for informational purposes only and may not have been evaluated by the FDA. Advice and content, in this publication, cannot be used to treat, diagnose or cure any specific diseases.