Dear Patients and friends,
Things are moving along and if you’re being adjusted, you’re a lot healthier than you would be. It is 2016, so get ready for an amazing year… as we’re ready to help you and your family with their health care needs. Don’t forget that it’s winter and your body is under stress. Indoor stale air, colder weather, a lot of people coughing in closed, confined spaces, as well as less life giving sunlight are all stressing your system. You need to stay on top of your health. That flu vaccine won’t save you if you’re in poor health. Whatever you do, get adjusted, keep inflammation under control, wash your hands, get enough sleep and exercise to stay healthy and if you have any health related questions, please let me know. Enjoy the 14th and read what I had to say about Valentine’s Day.
New Fibromyalgia Treatment
Fibromyalgia affects thousands of people. It is often misdiagnosed and the term is used as a dumping ground for vague diseases when your doctor doesn’t know what else to call it. In fact, many in the medical profession still do not recognize it as a legitimate disease. The symptoms may include sleeplessness or difficulty sleeping, deep muscle aches, specific patterns of active painful trigger points, severe episodes of muscle pain, electrical shock pain and spasms. In fact, new research indicates that it is actually a form of neuropathy, not unlike neuropathy found in the feet of diabetics. It’s caused by damaged nerves. Up until now, treatment has been mostly medications such as pain killers, muscle relaxants and antidepressants. You have to be kidding me? Antidepressants? Its nerve damage, not depression!!!
I have an effective way of not only easing pain, but can actually help repair the damaged nerves associated with Fibromyalgia. I am specially trained to tell you if you have neuropathic fibromyalgia or something else.
This is often categorized by marked pain in the heel or bottom of the foot. Thought to be caused by inflammation of the fascia under the foot (a tendenous membrane that runs from the heel to the ball of the foot) and due to certain sports, poor shoes, prolonged standing, or improper inserts. Worse in the morning or after sitting for a while, it can make walking excruciating. Standard medical treatment include cortisone shots, pain killers, orthotics or in severe cases, surgery to cut the fascia. I have a new rapid release therapy (RRT) along with special adjustments, as well as taping techniques which are quite effective in easing this type of foot pain without these more drastic methods.
LEG PAIN? What are the Causes?
I don’t know if you’ve ever had leg pain, but you should read this and then share it with some of your friends.
The medical community tells you that most leg pain results from wear and tear, overuse, or injuries in joints or bones or in muscles, ligaments, tendons or other soft tissues. They don’t tell you it can be caused by nerves.
Some types of leg pain (a lot of leg pain) can be traced back to problems in your lower spine like I said. Your legs are “controlled” by your nerves and those complicated, sensitive nerves come from your spinal column.
Leg pain can also be caused by things like blood clots, varicose veins or poor circulation, so it’s imperative that you get checked now.
Some common causes of leg pain include:
- Achilles tendinitis
- Achilles tendon rupture
- ACL injury
- Baker’s cyst
- Bone cancer
- Broken leg
- Chondromalacia patella
- Chronic exertional compartment syndrome
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Growing pains
- Growth plate fractures
- Hamstring injury
- Herniated disk
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Knee bursitis
- Legg-Calve-Perthes disease
- Torn meniscus
- Muscle cramp
- Night leg cramps
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Osteochondritis dissecans
- Paget’s disease of bone
- Patellar tendinitis
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Posterior cruciate ligament injury
- Posterior tibial tendon rupture
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sciatica (we talked about this in the last newsletter)
- Shin splints
- Spinal stenosis
- Sprains and strains
- Stress fractures
If you have “any type” of leg pain, CALL… the office immediately. The longer you put off dealing with your PAIN, believing just in your heart… the PAIN… will JUST… ‘magically go away’, the longer it’s going to take you to get back to normal – where you have no pain.
How much money is spent on average on Valentine’s Day?
A new survey has the answer. The National Retail Federation polled 6,417 consumers in early January 2014 to ask about their Valentine’s Day plans. It turns out, 54 percent of Americans will celebrate with loved ones this year and the average amount they will spend on candy, cards, dinner and gifts is $133.91. If you’re not spending something close to that, you’re behind the times. Make someone happy on Valentine’s Day and you’ll have a much better evening.
“My husband, a long time certified public accountant, works 13-hour days for the first few months of the year. Its tax season, people want to save money, and my husband is really good with numbers and getting the best tax returns, so his schedule is busy.
In spite of this hectic schedule, he took time out to order me flowers for Valentine’s Day.
While he is good at number crunching, he has trouble telling me how he feels. So he was pondering what sweet endearment to write on the card he purchased to give to me on Valentine’s Day, and obviously he began thinking of the many hours of work still ahead of him while he was pondering the words he wanted to write for me.
Well he finally put the final touches on the card. His note read: “Roses are red, violets are blue. If I weren’t thinking of you, I’d probably be through.”
Now for your monthly: “COOL FACTS”
- If you keep your eyes open by force, they will pop out.
- The “sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick” is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
- If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
- Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
- Wearing headphones for just an hour increases the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
- If the government has no knowledge of aliens, then why does Title 14, Section 1211 of the Code of Federal Regulations, implemented on July 16, 1969, make it illegal for U.S. citizens to have any contact with extraterrestrials or their vehicles?
- In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- 35% of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
- A duck’s quack doesn’t echo anywhere, and no one knows why.
- 23% of all photocopier faults worldwide are caused by people sitting on them and photocopying their buttocks.
Trying to Lose Those Extra Holiday Pounds and Inches???
We have the answer to help you lose up to a pound a day and also target your specific problem areas of fat accumulation. Lose it where you want!
- Metabolic Weight Program: Lose up to a pound per day! We have a naturally based program that addresses all the factors necessary to allow your body to shed pounds of real fat quickly and safely. Detoxification, metabolic balance, hormonal balance, as well as a natural approach to food selection. We even give you an easy “step by step” calendar to make the entire process easier. You have to change your habits not just go on a diet.
- Red Light Treatments: The use of specific red light frequencies, stimulate your fat cells to release their fat and allow your body to remove it naturally through the liver, kidneys and lymphatic system. There is no bruising, pain or tissue damage. Results can be seen immediately. You can target specific areas of your body like your belly, back, thighs, upper arms or even your face. You can lose 2 inches or more in a single hour session!
I want to offer you something Special. I’m offering MY Patients an Introductory Red light Session for only $59 (non patients $79). We are also offering SPECIALLY DISCOUNTED VALENTINE COUPLES PACKAGES FOR WEIGHT LOSS and RED LIGHT FAT REDUCTION This offer may be withdrawn at anytime!
SPACE IS EXTREMELY LIMITED SO YOU MUST HURRY!!
Some Facts About Valentine’s DAY
You May Not Know Or Have Forgotten:
-Based on retail statistics, about 3 percent of “pet owners’ will give Valentine’s Day gifts… to their pets.
-About 1 Billion Valentine’s Day cards are exchanged each year. This makes it the second largest seasonal card sending time of the year
-If you’re single don’t despair. You can celebrate Singles Awareness Day (SAD) instead.
Gravity is not responsible for people falling in love. ~Albert Einstein
Many are the stars I see, but in my eye no star like thee. ~English saying used on poesy rings
—Fight Colds and Flu Naturally—
Vitamin D is not just for dieters… Whether you’re trying to slim down or not, it’s a good idea to pop a good vitamin D supplement, say scientists from Yale. They recently found that folks with the highest levels of vitamin D had a 50% lower risk of developing upper respiratory infections, like colds and flu; Danish researchers believe the vitamin boosts production of a protein that attacks infections. Though the RDA is 200 IU to 400 IU a day, many experts believe a higher dose is advised.
“Foods that REV UP your Circulation”
Just like taking a powerful prescription ACE inhibitor, eating a single serving of one of these foods can enlarge blood vessels, enhancing circulation (the key to great blood pressure control), say researchers:
- 1 cup kefir or yogurt
- 1 medium baked potato (with the skin)
- 1 large apple
- 12 oz. tomato juice
Jokes of the Month
What did the painter say to her boyfriend?
“I love you with all my art!”
What do farmers give their wives on Valentine’s Day?
Hog and kisses!
******My Final Thoughts*****
1) Flaxseed can ease hot flashes. Eating 2 Tbs. of ground flax twice a day can cut menopausal hot flashes in half within six weeks, research reveals. You can add it to cereal or yogurt.
2) Broccoli protects your breasts. Women who eat at least two servings a day of cruciferous vegetables-such as broccoli, cabbage and collard greens—are 43% less likely to develop breast cancer than those who don’t shows a new study of more than 50,000 women.
Enjoy! Solutions available upon request
Disclaimer: Because this information may not be directly from Dr. Jay L. Rugoff, Jay L Rugoff DC PLLC, or the office of Jay L. Rugoff DC, we cannot be responsible for the content or accuracy of this newsletter and will not be held responsible for any damages (including, without limitation, indirect, consequential, special, or punitive damages) suffered or incurred by any person arising out of such person’s use or reliance on this publication or content herein. Any nutritional advice, use of supplements and all content of this publication is for informational purposes only and has not have been evaluated by the FDA. Advice and content, in this publication, cannot be used to treat, diagnose or cure any specific diseases.